2014 I-RIM Conference – London
The 2014 International Reflective Insulation Manufacturers (I-RIM) Conference was held March 5-7 at the Crowne Plaza Dockland Hotel in London and hosted guests from around the globe. Countries represented include the US, Canada, India, UK, France, Italy, Australia, South Korea, Malaysia, Costa Rica, Scotland, Slovenia, Portugal, Mexico and Israel. This truly was a global event!
The 2-1/2 day conference was a great success providing excellent workshops conducted by industry experts such as Michael Weingaertler of Euroconstruct, Carol Houghton of CHJConsult Associates, Noble Francis of Construction Products Association, Salem Farkh of CSTB, Nico Hendriks of KIWA, Ray Williams of National Physical Laboratory, Shikha Ebrahim of Kuwait Institute of Scientific Research, Tim Fenn an architect specializing in refurbishment, Dr. David Yarbrough of R&D Services Inc., Dr. Mario Medina from the University of Kansas, Steve Baden from RESNET and many others. Seven companies exhibited in the trade show event which included a cocktail reception on day one and lunch on day two. These social gatherings were a great networking opportunity for all conference guests.
Presentations Available for Order
To make the information shared at the conference available to everyone, you can purchase the PowerPoint presentations by contact RIMA International. Individual presentations can be ordered for $25 each or you can purchase the entire package (listed below) for $200. If you are interested in placing an order, click here. Here are the presentations available:
- Growth Drivers and Investment Opportunities in European Construction 2014-16 – By Michael Weingaertler
- Reflective Insulation Products – Standardization in Europe – Carol Houghton
- The Future for UK Construction – Noble Francis
- Mainstreaming Energy Efficiency in the US Housing Market: The Role of Home Energy Ratings – Steve Baden
- Experiences and Obstacles with the Assessment and Certification of Reflective Insulation – Nico Hendriks
- Thermal Performance of Reflective Products According to Existing Standards – Salem Farkh
- Evaluation of the Performance of Reflective Insulation in North America – David Yarbrough
- Using State of the Art Software to Predict Space Cooling and Heating Load Reductions Produced by Radiant Barrier – Dr. Mario Medina
- Computer Simulations of Enclosed Reflective Air Spaces - Hamad Saber
- Measuring the Thermal Performance of Structures Using the Hot Box Apparatus – Ray Williams
- Investigating the Effects of Dust Accumulations on Heat Gain through Inclined Buildings’ Roof with Radiant Barrier – Shikha Ebrahim
- Hybrid Systems – Guy Delcroix
- Mind the Gap – Tim Fenn
- Manufacturing Techniques – Giovanni Roscini
- Reflective Insulation in Packaging – Robert Wadsworth
- New Technologies – Mike Boulding
- International Applications – Asia – Professor YC Kwon
- International Applications – India – Brijesh Patel
- International Applications – South America – Sergio Luconi
- International Applications – Europe – Guy Delcroix
- International Applications – Australia – Mike Boulding
- International Applications – North America – Mike Boulding
If you would like details on each of the presentations, click here.
If you would like details on each of the speakers, click here.
Discount Membership Still Available
A special Half-Price Membership is still available to any companies that attended the recent conference. If you are interested in taking advantage of this special offer, please contact the RIMA-I office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Welcome Your Input
If you attended the event and would like to share your feedback, here is a conference survey form for you to complete and return. We hope to continually improve upon this event and to do so, your feedback is invaluable. We look forward to your comments – Conference Survey 2014
Photos of the 2014 Event